Brough in East Yorkshire is home to an adult
running group set up with the support of Run
England back in 2010. Our aim is to
encourage people to be more active.
We have a strong emphasis on
- supporting you to achieve your
running aspirations whether they be to lose weight,
improve general fitness, to complete a 10K or even a
We are small, friendly, mixed running
group with members' ages from 22 to 70+. Running
abilities of the group range from beginners
able to run 5K through to marathon runners, meaning there is always
someone to run with - and have a good "natter with" to
help while-a-way the miles.
For further information see Beginners.
The group meets 3 times a week:
- Wednesday evening - typically an easier run that can be reduced for beginners and novices.
- Beginners will always be accompanied by one or more experienced runners.
- Monday evening - typically a 10K
and may involve some hill work.
- Randomised pairs. On a Monday or Wednesday the group is divided in to groups of 2 ( may be 3 if there is an odd number ), the role of the faster runner is to help the slower by providing encouragement, advice and distraction. The slower tries new techniques to help their ability. Both ( or all 3) must finish the route within 30 seconds of each other.
- Saturday morning - our longest
run of the set up for those aiming at half marathon,
marathon and other masochistic distances.
For more information on meeting times ,
dates and routes see Meeting
From what you
have read so far and you wish to join us please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no formal membership fee or
costs. Occasionally we do ask for small
contributions towards administration cost e.g. web site
registration. Prior to your first run with us, we ask
that you read the Brough Runners disclaimer, and
bring a signed copy with you . The disclaimer is
available in PDF
Comments regarding this website to email@example.com
Brough Runners 12th May 2019